[olug] Backup solutions

Sam Tetherow tetherow at shwisp.net
Thu Jun 24 21:36:20 UTC 2010

No news here, but your admin is a moron.  You can get 2-4 TB of network
attached storage for significantly less that 6 figures more like high 4
figures.  If you want to do it on the cheap do a NAS linux box using
sata drives, not long-term reliable, but if it really is just a backup
and you have a full time admin (that can do his job) replacing drives as
they fail is not that onerous.  If you want something a little more
professional look into drobo, buffalo or hp storageworks, just a quick
glance shows 4TB for around $5500