[olug] Cheap ghost alternative...

Trent Melcher trentm at q.com
Wed Jun 2 16:58:11 UTC 2010

Dan

I use dd and nc all the time for cloning drives across systems, works great.

You can use SystemResuceCD "http://www.sysresccd.org" to boot a Linux kernel
to use these tools, its one CD I never leave home without, LOL :)

Lately I just have a bootable USB thumbdrive but for older systems that
don't boot from USB still gotta keep a CD handy.

Trent