[olug] Tiny computers

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 21:32:34 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 4:10 PM, Will Langford <unfies at gmail.com> wrote:

> Unless you plan on running emulators, you're prolly better off with a PS3.
>  You get a lot of ability for a reasonable price, and less 'fucking with it'
> compared to a PC.  Also, if you're the insistent-on-linux type, a hack to
> install linux on the latest firmware has already been released.
>
> -Will

Geohot appearently created a custom firmware that keeps the "Install
Other OS" option, but I don't know if it has been publicly released
yet.

I would like to see Sony offer up BluRay support on Linux. And there
are rumors that Netflix is working on a Silverlight-based player
(which might work in Moonlight), but as it stands, there is no Netflix
or BluRay today.

-- T. J.
"I'm questioning my education
Rewind and what does it show?