[olug] [OT] Video Card Recommendation

Dave Rowe dave at roweware.com
Mon Nov 30 01:07:51 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 6:50 PM, Luke-Jr <luke at dashjr.org> wrote:

> A proprietary fork of Linux is only slightly better than Windows. And in
> some
> ways worse, since it disrespects the terms of the Linux developers.

Did NVidia release their own closed source kernel?  How is their module a
'fork of Linux'?  Likewise (I feel like this is a 'feed the troll'
statement, but...), do you have proof that they've violated the terms of the
GPL?  Microsoft had a simple downloader that violated the GPL and they
responded rather quickly that they'd open-source the tool, yet you're going
to tell me that NVidia with as much exposure as they have, they haven't
gotten 'caught'?  Not likely.

I'm not a lawyer, but I'm betting you aren't either.

-Dave