[olug] Sixth Sense

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Mon May 4 18:27:28 UTC 2009

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 10:35 AM, T. J. Brumfield <enderandrew at gmail.com>wrote:

> I can't imagine this going into mass-production as is.  The benefits
> are minimal, cost is high, but even worse, it is hard to sell
> something so unstylish.

This was addressed within the first few minutes of the 'talk'.

The off the shelf components are a great start for 'this is what we have
already, its somewhat workable and ugly!' ... integrating everything or
something along those lines into a 'sexier tinier' version is much further
down the road after a lot of the UI is ironed out.

Someone pointed out 'common gesture vs command' -- i imagine there's
*something* you do to tell it to pay attention.

Similarly -- what if two people standing face to face wear one of these
things, surely they'd end up sending commands to each other 'accidentally'
? Finger hacking ?  New form of cybersex ?

-Will