[olug] an easier way to wipe your FLAsh SeSion cookiies

DYNATRON tech dynatron at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 08:07:24 UTC 2009

originally, the script was intended to be a quick offline way of wiping your
FLASS without checking home to mother. the curl trick was something i found
handy when i didn't have flasswipe installed on a system already. i have
flasswipe run every time i start a gnome or KDE session, and my browser
seems to be happier for it.

now,

picture a world where you need to go to
*http://www.firefox.org/cookies/weownyou/cookiesettings.php*
to manage your browser cookies.

better yet, imagine a world where you have to go to
*
http://www.microsoft.cum/weownyoubetter/usethisorwewillbuyanothermemberofcongresstomakeitalaw/delete.html
*
to empty your recycle bin.

sure, you could trust macromedia, but they are in it for the single purpose
of business growth for the shareholders to make a profit.

i'm in it because i want open source to rule everything from voting machines
to pocket watches.

make your trust decision based on that.

BTW an easy way to install it is
*curl* *html://www.slauce.com/flasswipe > ~/flasswipe*
then you can just *~/flasswipe* to run it whenever.

and
*curl html://www.slauce.com/flasswipe*
will print the script to the terminal so you can read it first, if you still
have a trust issue.