[olug] linux questions

DYNATRON tech dynatron at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 09:00:10 UTC 2009

i've heard of people having trouble with DVD playback in ubuntu, but it
works fine for me.
after installing (and doing updates), your totem player will need to grab
codecs, but it does it on the fly with an internet connection.

i have used VLC as well, and it is better than totem in some ways, but they
are both good players.

if you have any ubuntu issues, you can always do this...
http://ubuntuforums.org/

it's a great community. i highly recommend joining.