[olug] Open source project contributors.

John Hobbs john at velvetcache.org
Sat Apr 4 19:24:54 UTC 2009

I've done a bunch of stuff, nothing big.  I prefer to work upstream from
distros.  I've always had a positive experience, there is a big community
out there.  I posted a want ad for translators for my clearpass.org project
and got five languages within a week.  My only bad experience has been with
Gtkmm. Murray can be a little rough on people sometimes.

I'd say pick a project you _use and love_, get on their lists and ask what
needs to be done, then do it consistently and on time and you'll get
recognized and utilized.

- John Hobbs

john at velvetcache.org

http://www.velvetcache.org/