[olug] Open source project contributors.

T. J. Brumfield enderandrew at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 15:41:24 UTC 2009

I can't code, so when I volunteer it is to do things like confirm
bugs, proofread, edit wikis, etc.

I'm currently volunteering on an FOSS MMORPG called PlaneShift as a
writer/designer.

They've been around a few years, and they have a decent playable
product right now.  The game is completely free (no up-sell on premium
content) and will always remain free.  However, they really need some
more programmers and artists.  They built on top of the FOSS Crystal
Space engine, and they are in the middle of migrating to the new
engine version.  That also means redoing a lot of the art to handle
new engine features.

I like the fact that I won't be contributing to some project that
never releases, and that I can contribute without programming.

-- T. J.