[olug] 64bit vs 32bit Linux and MythTV (Mythbuntu)

Dan Linder dan at linder.org
Thu Sep 4 17:47:09 UTC 2008

Are there any clear advantages to using the 64-bit version of the Linux
kernel and drivers for MythTV if I don't have >4GB RAM?

My guess is that there are probably some driver bugs that might not show up
in the 32-bit version -- if that's the case, I don't see a big reason to run
in 64bit when 32bit would do just fine.

Dan

--
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?" (Who can watch the watchmen?) -- from the
Satires of Juvenal