[olug] Chrome

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 23:18:35 UTC 2008

> I'm a piss-poor programmer, whose primary successful project was a
> door game done in Pascal.  If I was any good at QT and C++, I'd do
> precisely that.  In the mean time, I can only hope someone else does
> it since I suck so much at programming.

In a typical rebuttle of my own from the time to time -- I lack the free
time to take on such a task when someone slaps me around with the 'its an
open license, you do it!!@%!' heh.  I hate the lazy 'do it yourself'
response, but it is rather fitting most of the time.

I remember fiddling with pascal for a bit... but it was after already being
exposed to C. Not in a scholastic setting (self taught)... so... I didn't
have to endure 'pascal as a teaching tool' bit heh.  Kinda glad, !!! <3 {{{

Kylix and Delphi were mildly tempting a decade ago or so... Delphi due to
more powerful VB-esque VB.  Kylix for being a unixy powerful VB-esque bit
heh.  I never could bring myself to work with the pascal syntax, tho.  One
of our clients (fellows ? associates ?) does still actively develop in
Delphi though... and it's kinda weird :)

-Will