[olug] Determining cores and sockets on Linux...

Will Langford unfies at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 22:36:04 UTC 2008

netstat for sockets, grep the output to your heart's content.
as far as cpu stuffies... i'd still suggest looking at cpuinfo.  there's
some other information in it for each processor such as:

physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 1

On a HT system, both entries in cpuinfo showed this same information.  I
lack newer hardware to test with, so your mileage may get better.

-Will