[olug] Myth TV / Cox Digital Box questions etc

Shawn Mattingly smattin at mimezine.org
Sat Jun 28 19:02:54 UTC 2008

If you like to tinker then Myth will be right up your alley.  The kicker
for me was HD...Cox and the rest of the cable industry as a whole do not
make fiddling with HD channel content very easy.  If HD is not a
requirement then myth would be great.  If you can get by with OTA (over
the air) HD broadcasts then myth would still be great with a card like
the HD-5500 from pcHDTV.  If you want encrypted QAM cable provider HD
then the complexity of the problem increases dramatically and it starts
looking like work :-)