[olug] $10 / 2GB MP3 player for Linux

Christopher Cashell topher-olug at zyp.org
Tue Jun 17 20:39:24 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 2:31 PM, Eric P <eric.maillist at gmail.com> wrote:
> No, it doesn't look like it.  Hopefully someday this device
> (TrekStor's i.Beat emo) will be supported.  I've got dresser drawers
> full of OGGs that need their freedom of expression.

I'm a big Ogg Vorbis aficionado myself, and that's what I use for all
of my self-ripped music.  As such, that was the first thing I looked
for, and where I lost interest in this device.

However, I did notice that their i.Beat sonix does support Ogg.  And a
few days ago, SanDisk released an updated firmware for their Sensa
Clip media players that adds support for Ogg Vorbis.  Hopefully
they'll both continue with that, and increase their Ogg support.

Both of the music players that I've bought myself have been Cowan
iAudio devices; they've been a big support of Ogg for a while, and do
a good job with it.

--
Christopher