[olug] College Kid Needs Cisco IOS-based Router

Kenny Kant kenny.kant at running-config.com
Mon Jun 9 04:00:20 UTC 2008

Like Shawn said the guys at ODI are great for all kinds of Cisco used
goodies but they are still expensive if you are just starting out.

You should really be working with the emulator software "dynamips" and
the its frontend GNS3.  This software will run full versions of Cisco
IOS software virtualized on your machine and allow you to build full
labs ..etc  The only catch is you need to find/provide your own IOS
images for the software.

http://www.ipflow.utc.fr/index.php/Cisco_7200_Simulator
http://www.gns3.net/

Kenny