[olug] customizing XDM

Tim & Alethea Larson thelarsons3 at cox.net
Wed Mar 14 03:45:09 UTC 2007

This may be a really ignorant question (but you never know until you
ask) but is there anything I need to do to have my xdm-config properly
read/applied _besides_ pointing the startup script to it?  I'm using the
-config option, turned on -debug just to be sure it was reading the
right file, but still I don't see the changes (like font, color, or
greeting) that I specified.  I've read just about every article I can
google, but nothing really tells me how to troubleshoot this issue.  I
guess no one else ever has this problem.

This is a BSD by the way.  Not that xdm should care.

Thanks,
Tim
--
Tim & Alethea