[olug] [Wftl-lug] CD and DVD Burning Probelms--K3B, Kubuntu 6.06 LTS and Linux Kernel 2.6.15-27-386

Michael Rudas (computer) MPR_Linux at Ameritech.net
Sat Apr 14 06:49:18 UTC 2007

Joe Gulizia wrote:

> Is there a fix?
>
> Googling hasn't given much help that makes sense to me.
> Would another distro work better?  I've installed
> EasyUbuntu and Automatix with no real success either.

You might try Knoppix from DVD.  I specifically outfit my PCs with one
DVD-ROM and one DVD burner so I can boot the DVD from the ROM drive and
still burn backup CDs and DVDs on the second drive.  I run the DVD
version installed to my hard drive, but I'm still working out some of
the kinks... but the bootable DVD is soooo handy.

-- Michael