[olug] To re-install or NOT reinstall?

Joe Gulizia jrguliz at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 10 23:06:23 UTC 2006

I was already in the group in the cdrom file as
such...
cdrom:x:24:joe,hal
 but i couldn't add additional users....

I have one cd drive (DVD) working as desired BUT using
the same settings I can't get the CDRW to work.

Here's my current FSTAB
#
 <dump>  <pass>
proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/mapper/Ubuntu-root / ext3
nouser,defaults,errors=remount-ro,atime,auto,rw,dev,exec,suid
0 1
/dev/hda1 /boot ext3
nouser,defaults,atime,auto,rw,dev,exec,suid 0 2
/dev/mapper/Ubuntu-swap_1 none swap sw 0 0
/dev/hdc /media/cdrom0 iso9660  0 0
/dev/hdd /media/cdrom1 iso9660  0 0
/dev/fd0 /media/floppy0 vfat
uid=65534,gid=65534,auto,rw,users,quiet 0 0
# /dev/sdb1 /media/CARD_READER usbfs  0 0
/dev/hdc /hdc auto nouser,atime,auto,ro,dev,exec,suid
0 0
/dev/hdd /hdd auto
user,noauto,atime,auto,rw,dev,exec,suid 0 0
/dev/hdd /hdd auto
nouser,noauto,atime,auto,rw,dev,exec,suid 0 0

I rmoved the USB drives for now AND I get two icons of
CD and DVD on my desktop one of the DVD ones work.

I'll send the other errors later.

Thank you

Joe