[olug] System monitoring

Noel Leistad noel at noelleistad.com
Wed Sep 6 20:01:59 UTC 2006

Well, just one more plug for Nagios.

Set it up 2 years ago(somewhat painfully, time heals all learning)now it
just works. AND because nagios and I have become sort of intimate, it's not
really much of a pain any more.

I saw the Zabbix article myself, touched it a bit, then was called off to
another something and never got back. The READ on Zabbix was good, but once
you've got a monitoring solution....

The plugins weren't even REAL hard if you've got any perlishness in you at
all. I found a few that I could "mod" and had all I needed.

Now, occasionally, I even monitor client systems for them just to have a
little proof that "my stuff" isn't causing the "problem".

Noel