[olug] ups recommendations

Jaymz Ringler jringler at unitedtransport.net
Tue Oct 31 18:06:54 UTC 2006

> "The following directives apply to the master/slave networking mode of
> apcupsd where multiple machines can be powered by the same UPS. One
> machine, the master, will have a serial port connection to the UPS,
> and the other machines, the slaves, will obtain their information via
> the network from the master. "
>
> awesome link Jaymz.

Just remember to have your switches on ups also..

I had a client's office set up using the be325 ups's on the desktops
(they have no data connection), and a 500 on the office server.  They
are readily available from Office Max/Depot for under $30.00  (many
times on sale for $15-20)  When the power went out..  their switch of
course wasn't able to pass the shut down to the client machines.

now that I think of it, we have 325's on a couple machines, and all of
our routers, switches.