[olug] A Mac Question

Christopher R. White slaeyer at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 22:22:50 UTC 2006

In my experience, only Sawtooth and higher G4s (or G3s released after
them) can use FireWire Target disk mode.  Alternatively, you can try to
find a copy of 10.4 on CD (bittorrent?) or exchange your copy on DVD for
a CD set from Apple (for a slight fee of course).  If none of the above
seems viable, removing the drive and placing it into another machine is
probably the best bet.  It's an easy process and OS X installs with all
the files needed to run every mac made by default.