[olug] remote password changes

Ryan Stille ryan at cfwebtools.com
Wed May 31 17:42:35 UTC 2006

I thought rsh was basically just using ssh.  If so then I don't think
there would be more security concerns than there is for ssh.

As far as ps password sniffing, sometimes when I see something like
mysql in the process list, its shown as 'mysql -uusername -pxxxxxx'.  I
don't know if ps hides the password with the x's, or if thats something
the client program can do.  Maybe passwd does this.  You'd also want to
make sure it doesn't end up in a shell history file.

-Ryan