[olug] Prying open port 25

Dave Thacker dthacker9 at cox.net
Wed May 31 03:13:19 UTC 2006

On Monday 29 May 2006 22:31, Dave Weis wrote:
> If it's running postfix, some distributions tell it to only listen on
> loopback. If telnet localhost 25 shows signs of life, edit
> /etc/postfix/main.cf and look for inet_interfaces:
> inet_interfaces = all
> #inet_interfaces = $myhostname
> #inet_interfaces = $myhostname, localhost
> #inet_interfaces = localhost
>
> The last line is what you probably have, the first line is what you need.
>
> dave

Thanks for the pointers.  I found two mentions of inet_interfaces, one near
the top of main.cf and another down in the body.  I set them both to "all"
and ran postfix reload.  Still no joy.   I did verify that a telnet to
localhost 25 will get a response from postifx.   If anyone has another
thought, please drop me a line.