[olug] Whats that smell? (Palm, USB, and SuSe)

Mike Hostetler hostetlerm at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 04:44:06 UTC 2006

Interestingly enough, I just got a m130 off of eBay and got it working
tonight with my Linux box (Gentoo).  But not without difficult.

Assuming that you have the visor module loaded and it tries to make a
device when you sync, the next step is to check the permissions on
those new devices that the visor module magically made.  Mine were set
to root:root.  Yeah, not good.

Configure it in /etc/udev/udev.permissions (or wherever Suse puts it,
probably somewhere similar) and it should maybe work.
--
Mike Hostetler
http://mike.hostetlerhome.com/