[olug] DEC Drives

Scott Jones scottj.org at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 05:02:05 UTC 2006

On Monday 16 January 2006 21:54, Charles Bird wrote:

> Can someone tell me what is so special about the Digital"DEC" RZ57-E SCSI
> 5.25 inch HDDs?
>
> Looks like they are only 1.0GB
>
> I see alot online for a what I thought is a high price, just saw a refurb
> for 350.00USD.
>
> So, now I am curious and I can not figure out what the big whoop is.
>
> MTBF perhaps? is that it?

I don't know if they will take different disks, but that model was the stock
drive in VAXStation 4000's and an available addon to Alpha systems of the
same timeframe, according to Google.  I suspect it's some sellers setting an
abnormally high price they think they can justify, as VAX and Alpha owners
need/want to replace or add drives to their aging systems.  A lot of places
pulled up on Google are selling somewhere in the $30-75 range.

--
Homepage                        http://scottj.org
XFce desktop environment        http://www.xfce.org