[olug] Doing a SuSE install

Jay Swackhamer Jay at RebootTheUser.com
Fri Sep 23 15:06:52 UTC 2005

At that point, the only thing that would have been left to do is install
grub as the bootloader.

You could boot from the cd, if there is an 'emergency or rescue' mode, or
boot from a knoppix cd.

Then run grub, either from the cd or mount your root partition and full
path to the grub executable. i.e.
/mnt/tmp/usr/sbin/grub

once it comes up

root (hd0,?)   #?=0,1,2,3 whatever your /boot partition is, hit 'TAB' to
                 list them after typing 'root (hd0,   '
setup (hd0)    #to install the bootloader