[olug] does MSN block ports?

Dave Weis djweis at internetsolver.com
Tue Sep 20 03:28:56 UTC 2005

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005, Eric Lusk wrote:
> interestingly, I have qwest.net basic, and it's more
> expensive at 1.5/1000 than qwest with MSN at 5/896!
> That's why I'm checking; moving in a couple of weeks
> and if I can get more speed for less money then I'll
> go for it...

I haven't figured out the qwest/msn dichotomy yet. It's less than 1/2
price to go with msn than a local provider or even qwest.net themselves.
Qwest.net is generally the same price at any speed, they have realized
that once you get beyond a  few million customers, support costs more than
bandwidth. Until then, independent ISP's pay more to Qwest and their
upstreams than you would imagine.