[olug] Cisco IPSec vpn behind Linux 2.4 NAT box?

djalexander at cox.net djalexander at cox.net
Thu Mar 31 18:10:41 UTC 2005

I run a linux firewall ditro called IPCop
(http://ipcop.sourceforge.net) which is based on kernel 2.4 and
iptables.  As far as I can tell, I don't have to do anything to allow
my clients to connect to ipsec based VPNs.  I regularly connect to an
ipcsec VPN simultaneously from multiple machines on he LAN with no
additional rules or kernel modules.  This may be because my Cisco VPN
client does NAT-T.  It's the only client I have ever used on this
particular setup, so YMMV.

I hope this helps.