[olug] Wireless Card Roll-call

Jon H. Larsen relayer at levania.org
Tue Mar 29 16:01:48 UTC 2005

Hello Everyone,

Let's say I'm in the market for a good 802.11 wireless card, that meets a
few stringent requirements:

A) Driver included with Kernel 2.6.8 or higher (no wrappers, or downloads)
B) PC Card should run at 3.3 volts (low power)

While not a requirement, if it can be modified for an external antenna,
that's fine too.

So, I'm asking for a roll-call of cards that you are currently using with
Linux that work well and don't need tweaking (without all the hassles of
wrappers, wlan-ng or firmware downloads, etc).

Please state if it's a PC Card (PCMCIA) or PCI card.

Jon L.

--
Jon H. Larsen  - relayer -at- levania -dot- org
Omaha Linux Users Group - http://www.olug.org/