[olug] BW Limiting

Ben Dinger ben at mac-geek.com
Thu Mar 31 16:49:56 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 17:27 +0100, Charles Bird wrote:
> I have a situation at work where I need to limit someones bandwidth because they are not getting their work done. so I'd like to give them down to 28.8 at times. I plan on installing a suse9.1 routerbox this week...any Ideas?
> Thx

Why not, you know, just terminate them?

Here we have a very strict policy with regards to that.  First offense
gets you a complete loss of internet connectivity (via a deny entry in
the PIX's access-list) aside from email (server is local).  Second
offense gets you fired.

Aside from that, I'd suggest using IPCop (http://www.ipcop.org) and
reading up on the Dan's Guardian plug-in and proxy settings.

Or, you know, you could just walk over to their PC and remove the
gateway from it.  :)

BD