[olug] Exchange, Expectations and Enterprise

Terry td3201 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 14:02:14 UTC 2005

OX sucks.  It needs a lot of work.

I will throw a curve ball here.  I like exchange....from a client
point of view.  I can access it fine from Linux.  Outside of the usual
anit-microsoft sentiments and linux bigotry, what's the big deal?  As
Dave said, open source does not have a decent replacement (yet).
Until that day, give in.  You will lose the discussion/battle.

Now, here is the flip side of the argument.  Who actually uses the
functionality that exchange provides?  This can be a viable argument
for some companies.  I use the hell out of the calendar and tasks.  I
rely on the calendar for about everything.  But, there are a LOT of
people who simply use it for email and contacts.  If you want to avoid
exchange in your company.  Do a cost/benefit analysis on that angle.
You might win.