[olug] legally break into a Linux server!

Sean Kelly smkelly at zombie.org
Wed Mar 9 17:45:16 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 09:07:21AM -0800, Tim OBrien wrote:
> >> <quote who="Eric Lusk">
> Non-slashdotters on the OLUG mailing list? Is that even allowed? ;)

Yes, considering Slashdot is nothing but news, opinions, and quotes lifted
off other sites with the occasional short commentary added to the end.*

> BTW, you should at least credit your source(es) when posing information;
> to give the reader the full background & give credit where credit is due.

I don't think this really is a concern when posting a single URL. "I got
this cool URL from Janet in Accounting. I was having lunch with her earlier
and she said she saw this cool site and I wanted to know more, so she sent
me the URL when she got back to the office. I forward it on to you."

It is differerent if it is quoted text.

* I know several of the Slashdot editors. Some of them acknowledge the
  lameness of it at times.

--
Sean Kelly         | PGP KeyID: D2E5E296
smkelly at zombie.org | http://www.zombie.org