[olug] RPM install problem

Dan Ross dan.ross at hamiltontel.com
Thu Jul 28 13:32:17 UTC 2005

I have Red Hat Enterprise Edition version 3.  I installed the RPM 4.1.23
Mysql from the mysql website, both the Server and client and myobdc.  My
problem is I cant get rpm to recognize they are installed.  When I do a:
#rpm -q mysql
I still get
#mysql-client-3.23
and when I type:
#rpm -q mysql-server
I get
#no mysql-server  package installed
GRR!
the mysql server is up and running with Cacti! But I am trying to
install an application BAM 2.0 which uses rpm as its install method and
it doesnt apparently search the system for an instance it only queries
the RPM database.  Is there a way of updating the RPM database or can I
tell the package to look for the Mysqld instance?
Thanks
Daniel