[olug] qwest cable

Christopher Cashell topher at zyp.org
Sat Jul 30 03:40:06 UTC 2005

At Wed, 27 Jul 05, Unidentified Flying Banana Tim & Alethea Larson, said:
> Anyone have any experience with the Qwest "Choice Online" cable internet
> service?  Qwest DSL isn't available at my house, but they said they had
> this cable thing instead.  Since it's cheaper than Cox I thought I'd
> check it out.

I suppose I can claim some experience.  I've had a cable modem with them
since their technical "beta" in late '96, and I spent three and a half
years doing some contract work that included installation and support
for them.

I still have cable modem service through them, and although I haven't
worked directly with them in three or four years, I don't think their
"back end" network has likely changed much.  I'd be more than happy to
answer any questions you have.