[olug] Omaha Bank Picks IBM to Replace Sun, Wintel -- RedNova

Randy Fraser rsfraser at cox.net
Sun Feb 20 03:45:47 UTC 2005

The key to this article is not the technology.

The key is that "Much of the savings will result from reducing the number of
engineers needed to run its systems from 24 to eight."

While it is good that the 8 who remain on staff will get valuable experience
to increase their marketability, the other 16 will get to explain during
their future interviewer why their prospective employers really need as many
people as they currently have.

Maybe I shouldn't have responded to this as some hiring managers may read
this ...

;-)