[olug] Weird problem

Bill Brush bbrush at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 03:51:24 UTC 2005

I'm running Suse 10 OSS on a work laptop and for said work I've
installed an old version of Mozilla that works properly with the web
client for my work e-mail.

I'm using Firefox 1.07 for the bulk of my browsing.

Now when I'm my regular user and I launch "mozilla" it launches
Firefox.  If I open a console and su to root and run "mozilla" it
launches Mozilla.  If I create a shortcut and do "run as root" and
click it, it launches Firefox.

I'm assuming that the mozilla.sh script is checking my home directory
and finding my Firefox profile and launching it.  My script-fu isn't
quite up to hacking that script to eliminate this, and I'm not overly
thrilled about running a browser as root, so anyone have any
suggestions?

Thanks!
Bill