[olug] Web Accelerators

Noel Leistad noel at metc.net
Tue Aug 16 21:25:18 UTC 2005

OK, so I've lurked this thread, questionable if I'm even addressing the
issue.

We as an ISP run squid as an accelerator, but I also know that you can
run apache w/ a gzip module that will compress all text files sent out.

We once did a little trial run on some "commercial" accelerator, but
wasn't really impressed w/ its results. So much of what is viewed is
loaded w/ graphics that didn't really compress that much more.