[olug] Software/Settup for connecting Camcorder?

Jay Swackhamer Jay at RebootTheUser.com
Tue Aug 2 19:24:32 UTC 2005

You can use 'dvgrab' to pull the video off of the camcorder, and then
'cinelerra' to edit the video. You should be able to plug in the firewire
connection, do a 'dmesg' and see that it's connected and then run 'dvgrab'
either with options to pull video or interactively.

dvgrab is a command line utility that you can give a couple of options,
and have it pull and separate the video into files of a certain size, or
just at the breaks where you stopped recording and started again.

cinelerra is a nice drag/drop gui-driven editor where you can add
transitions/cut/paste/etc.......