[olug] Software/Settup for connecting Camcorder?

Collard, John John.Collard at aquila.com
Tue Aug 2 18:10:18 UTC 2005

I want to start converting some home movied to DVD, but I have no idea
where to start.  My miniDV camcorder has a firewire connection, and on
windows, I used Pinnacle's software that connected and controlled the
camcorder.  All the documentation says SUSE 9.2 has Firewire support
installed.  I've searched online for howto's only find archaic
references that don't help that much -- at least for my knowledge level.

So, If someone has knowledge in this area, I could certainly use a clue.

Thanks!

John