[olug] SCO Lawsuit

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Wed May 19 23:37:11 UTC 2004

On May 19, 2004, at 8:54 AM, Joe Catanzaro wrote:
> I was in a meeting with an executive director of our company and he
> stated that one of the reasons we haven't moved more towards Linux is
> because of the lawsuits that SCO has been threatening the Fortune 1000
> companies with.

Weird. My boss (SVP Finance & IT) is a big MS guy, but understands all
the great things we're going with Linux. We churn about $500M a year
and have 8000 employees.

My boss poo-poo's SCO's lawsuits. We (hotel company) are involved in
zero-merit lawsuits fairly frequently, so he's used to the noise and
ignores legal temper tantrums.

There's plenty of info available on how doomed the SCO legal position
appears to be. We're also a big customer of IBM, who is fighting back
aggressively.

Perhaps SCO isn't the real reason behind his decisions, just an excuse?