[olug] interview

Jeff Hinrichs jeffh at delasco.com
Thu Mar 4 03:35:55 UTC 2004

Holly said:
> Does anyone have interview tips specifically for women looking for real
> hardcore tech jobs (sys or software engineering?) I get nervous and come
> across as not confident too much, I think.

I'd second what Bill said about confidence.  However, I think that is
important for entry level as well as high-stress positions.  I like
confidence in a candidate.  Every member of the IT team interacts with
everyone in the company from the President to CSRs.  Someone who fidgets,
doesn't make and keep eye contact or "ya know"'s you to death isn't going
to make the grade.

-Jeff