[olug] Certifications - Linux

Ben Dinger ben at mac-geek.com
Tue Jun 22 13:59:47 UTC 2004

On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 02:01:13AM -0500, K.J. Kirwan wrote:
> I'll mention the LPI tests too:
>
> Linux Professional Institute
> http://www.lpi.org/
>
> The tests are $100 each (reasonable, as tests go).
> Level 1 needs tests 101 & 102, Level 2 needs 201 & 202.
> Level 3 (301 & 302?) is proposed only so far.

Have you by chance taken any of them?  I've heard that as long as you are a experienced Linux geek you should do fine, but some of them do touch on the obscure - and will also test your knowledge of the differences between Linux and *BSD (for those of us so blessed to have to work with all angles ;)).

Also, a little birdie has told me that the CNLE is a Big, Huge, Evil PITA.  Seems Novell continues to take their certs quite seriously :).

--
Ben Dinger
ben at mac-geek.com
"The Pope?  How many divisions has he got?" --Josef Stalin