[olug] Certifications - Linux

Bill Brush bbrush at unlnotes.unl.edu
Tue Jun 22 15:47:18 UTC 2004

All in all I'm glad Novell takes their certs seriously.  If they didn't
that CNE I earned wouldn't mean much.

I took a practice Novell CLE test cold and I did alright on it (close to
passing), but I was already very familiar with Novell services and that's a
lot of what the test is.  The test is aimed at certifying that you know how
to set up and run the Novell Nterprise Linux Services (NNLS) package with a
little bit of Linux knowledge thrown in.  Novell recommends that you have
your LPI level 1 cert before taking the CLE test.

I'm working my way through the NNLS courseware right now (well I started
about a month ago anyway), and while it takes a bit of study there's
nothing overly complicated in the way any of it works, it's just that it's
several different modules in one package that do very different things that
are relatively independent of each other, so you have to learn each piece.

Bill