[olug] remote X for all apps

Ken Johnson kcjohnson at oidm.com
Tue Jun 8 01:53:17 UTC 2004

If you want a client that doesn't even have to have an OS installed...

I use a Linux Terminal Server at home for my kids and boot the clients into
X sessions on the server.  Apps run on the server screen, keyboard and mouse
info go down the wire, you can practically use junk for the client.

http://Ltsp.org
http://k12ltsp.org

A nice way to get around having to have a bootable NIC is this thin client
bootable CD...

http://pxes.sourceforge.net/

Ken