[olug] Reminder: OLUG meeting for June is tonight (June 1, 2004)

OBrien, Timothy (Omaha Linux Users Group - OLUG) IrishMASMS at olug.org
Tue Jun 1 14:16:12 UTC 2004

Yes, the OLUG meeting for June is tonight (June 1, 2004) - so finish
putting your camping gear & BBQ equipment away early, and come out to hear
Thom Harrison talk about his PortKnocking script.

Want to set your iptables firewall at home to drop all incoming
connections and still be able to connect from a remote site?  That's where
PortKnocking comes in!

Tom says he will show us how to set it up and share some custom scripts
that make initiating the connection as simple as a single command (e.g.
sshhome ). Modifications to the PortKnocking scripts include support for
iptables and a configuration file to specify the ports you'll allow it to
open.

When & where is the meeting? Read the OLUG FAQ:
https://www.olug.org/modules.php?name=FAQ&myfaq=yes&id_cat=3&categories=Meetings

--
Timothy "Irish" O'Brien
Publicity & Social activities chairperson