[olug] Happy Hacking Keyboard from PFU

Jon H. Larsen relayer at levania.org
Wed Jul 28 17:21:42 UTC 2004

While we are on the subject of keyboards, I've been using my Kinesis
Contoured Keyboard Model 110 now for 10 years.   It's a great
keyboard, along the lines of the IBM click keyboards.  The 110 model was
discontinued some time ago, but replaced with the 132, 133 and 134 models.
The 110 does not have a windows key (which is nice)
The closest thing to the model 110 is the Professional (134) model.
It has the programmable functions built in.

There are even foot pedals for the numeric keypad and Shift key that you
can get.  I have one for the numeric keypad function.

Support from Kinesis has been great.  I sent the
keyboard in to be cleaned and refurbished back in 2000 for a nominal
charge, and they replaced the keyboard shell (had a crack in it) with one
they had.  Not bad since they considered it a discontinued product, and
out of warranty.

There is a picture on their site of the professional model, it's the same
shape and layout.   <http://www.kinesis-ergo.com/professional.htm>

key layout <http://www.kinesis-ergo.com/images/qwerty.gif>

The reason I got the kinesis keyboard was due to wrist and hand problems I
attained through normal keyboard use.  This keyboard has
virtually eliminated the stress and pain I used to have while typing.

Jon

PS - yes, it does take some time to get used to it.  Only a few days.

--
Jon H. Larsen  - email: relayer (at) levania (dot) org
Omaha Linux Users Group - http://www.olug.org/