[olug] Public Internet Access

Mac Petras Mac at PetrasWeb.com
Tue Feb 17 16:20:05 UTC 2004

Hey All -

I know we had this discussion before, but I thought I'd bring
it up again with a small twist.....

What places (bookstores, coffee shops, etc) do you/we know
of that provide the following internet access connections:
     * Wireless (802.11)
     * Ethernet (cables provided by customer?)
     * Phone connections for dialup access
Also, do they charge, and if so about how much?

I know we've said MoJo's has WiFi, but do they charge and do
they provide ethernet connections as well?  I've also heard that
Border's bookstore at 132nd & Maple provides WiFi at $7/day
or something....

I'm betting most places aren't providing ethernet connections since
that has a more "serious" cost as well as connection limitations....

Thanks a bunch.....