[olug] NDIS Wrapper

Benjamin Montgomery bmontgom at cox.net
Mon Aug 23 03:32:41 UTC 2004

I spent most of this afternoon getting ndiswrapper to work with a
WMP54G.  It is not easy to do.  I used the lastest release ndiswrapper
0.9 deb packages.  I think there is some newer stuff in CVS, but didn't
research it that much.  Next...ditch the linksys drivers.  Go and find
the chipset manufacturer's driver distro and use that instead.  The
ndiswrapper site has the broadcom driver on it
(http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/supported_chipsets.html).

Make sure that you run "make-kpkg" in the source tree.  You can't just
unpack the source and compile against it.

Also, the "ndiswrapper -l" never sees my card, but when I insmod
ndiswrapper it works.

In the end I got it to work and it seems to be running at full speed.
Haven't had enough time to do any real tests with it though.

-Ben