[olug] NDIS Wrapper

Sean Edwards cybersean3000 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 23 00:34:07 UTC 2004

Has anyone installed ndiswrapper?

I am trying to install a Linksys WMP11 (PCI 802.11b
card).  Apparently, there are only a couple of ways to
do this.  I would prefer to do this from source, which
is why I am trying NDIS wrapper.  LINUXANT is my
second option, but that is a commercial binary install
only.

lspci says I have the following:

0000:01:04.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation
BCM4301 802.11b (rev 02)

lspci -n id's the card as this:

0000:01:04.0 0280: 14e4:4301 (rev 02)

No matter what I link where, I get the following
error:

"You don't seem to have sources for your kernel;
install them in /usr/src, link
/lib/modules/2.4.18/build to it and try again."

I am on Debian, and these are the paths:

/lib/modules/2.4.18
/usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.18

I have tried:

ln -s /usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.18
lib/modules/2.4.18/build

I have also tried linking many sub dirs under
/usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.18 to
/lib/modules/2.4.18/build, producing the same error
above.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

-=Sean Edwards=-
cybersean3000 at yahoo.com