[olug] eye strain

whaisch4 at cox.net whaisch4 at cox.net
Mon Sep 8 02:47:22 UTC 2003

> Hey all,
>
> I wanted to know how everyone deals (or doesn't deal) with eye strain.

- Turn up the refresh rate over 60hz.  I like 72 - 75 Hz.
- Turn up the contrast, turn down the brightness
- Mount the monitor as high as you can, so it is straight in front of you
- Make a hood of cardboard around the monitor to block glare
- The florescent lights will make a glare on the CRT, esp if they don't have
proper light filtering.  This probably can not be fixed cheaply without
replacing the light shields.

HTH

-Wm.